Careers & Internships
Part-Time Sales Associate
We are seeking a positive, hardworking, customer-facing Part-Time Sales Associate for our Chicago West Loop store. As a Sales Associate you will be providing a specialty retail customer service experience. This role will report directly to the brand manager of Smitten Boutique.
- Provide best-in-class customer care and elevated service.
- Deliver a positive, personalized experience one customer at a time.
- Develop meaningful customer connections and build neighborhood community.
- Possess expert knowledge of Smitten Boutique branding and products.
- Help maintain organization, cleanliness and inventory levels of the store.
- Follow up with online order through e-mail correspondence.
- Maintain the highest level of product knowledge and expertise.
- Maintain the visual integrity of the space.
- Assist with opening and closing functions.
- Process incoming returns and exchanges.
- Meet / beat sales goals.
- Assist in receiving inventory replenishments.
- Assist with setting up and executing community programs and events.
- Record and relay recurring customer feedback and insights to internal teams such as tech, marketing, design, and product in order to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Due to COVID-19, you'll be expected to do daily temperature checks, wear masks, do regular washing breaks and disinfecting after each customer.
Our Dream Candidate:
- Must be available to work weekends and during the holiday season.
- Retail sales, showroom or customer service experience is required.
- Experience using a point of sale system is preferred.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds on a regular basis.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Experience in and a passion for consumer goods + on-trend brands and product is preferred.
- Excellent communicator with a passion for people.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Effective and expedient problem-solver with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-starter; entrepreneurial disposition.
- Must be punctual and report to our Chicago store location.
- Google Drive proficiency is a plus.
Nuts and Bolts: This is a part-time, hourly role based in our West Loop store. You must be available to work at minimum 3 days a week with weekend availability.
Social Media Intern
Are you a social media guru? An IG junkie? Then you are the perfect candidate for our part-time social media intern role. Your main goal would be to increase the Smitten Boutique engagement. You will work with our brand manager to create content & assists in scheduling social media posts. This role is great for a college student who is looking for experience in digital marketing and content creations.
- Craft, schedule, and post content on our main social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest).
- Curate and create content that represents the brand message and personality of Smitten.
- Interact with followers and other accounts to keep engagement levels up.
Our Dream Candidate:
- Proficient with all social media channels and relevant tools.
- Some experience with graphic design work and/or photo/video editing (e.g. Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Google Drawing tools).
- Attention to detail, especially related to grammar and spelling.
- Creative, authentic, and have a sense of humor.
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, preferably in marketing, communications, or a related field.
Nuts and Bolts: Length of the internship is 3 - 12 months, approximately 15-20 hours/week unpaid.
The Retail Boutique - Smitten Boutique Chicago is a small business nestled in the heart of Chicago’s most coveted neighborhood, the West Loop. We provide a range of gifts to enhance special occasions, a custom invitation studio and in-store events space for local bloggers, book signings and calligraphy classes, to name a few. We have a passion for finding unique gifts that are beautiful, innovative, inspiring and personal. Discover the playful mix of adorable baby gifts,
eco-friendly children’s toys, distinctive greeting cards, stationery boxes, local jewelry, unique wedding gifts, books and fabulous vintage finds. The boutique is filled with a mix of local and national artists allowing for a beautiful gift-giving experience. Smitten shares in your enthusiasm for finding the perfect gift for little ones to loved ones. From baby showers, birthdays, pregnancy, love, marriage, housewarming, holidays, and “just because" occasions, Smitten Boutique makes gift-giving fun for all.
Custom Paper Studio - Smitten Boutique is in the business of creating unique custom invitations that represent our clients’ personality, taste and style. We work closely with our local and national client base and through partnerships with leading planners such as Birch Design Studio and Clementine Custom Events for many occasions. The premier purveyor of couture wedding stationery, designing in the West Loop since 2008. Smitten Boutique Chicago offers a large selection of premier papier brands in a wide variety of styles. From letterpress to engraved, sophisticated to whimsical, modern to traditional, even 3D lucite invitations! When creating an invitation; design, fonts, calligraphy, colors, fabrics, papers, printing methods and embellishments all have to be considered. Set the tone
for an unforgettable affair with the perfect custom invitation suite. It is Smitten Boutique’s exceptional attention to detail, impeccable customer service and on-site graphic designer that set us apart from other invitation studios. We take great pride in creating a quality product for your celebration and look forward to helping you create a paper suite that sets the tone for your event!
Our Commitment to You
We believe in the power of a diverse workplace. Which is why we are committed to actively recruiting and hiring people of all races, religions, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veteran statuses and disability statuses.
Please email us at [email protected] with your resume. We hope you enjoy this experience. We really appreciate the time you're investing.
Store Hours: Monday - Friday 11-7 p.m., Saturday 10-6 p.m., Sunday 10-5 p.m.