Careers & Internships
Work with a team you are sure to be smitten with! We are looking for hard-working, motivated team members to help grow our brand. We currently have the following roles available:
- Full-Time Retail Store Manager
- Part-Time Retail Sales Associates
Full-Time Store Manager | Charlotte, NC
Smitten Boutique is seeking an experienced Store Manager for our Chicago shop to develop and manage all aspects of the business while ensuring the highest-level of customer satisfaction.
A successful Store Manager candidate will have several years of specialty retail experience in a leadership role, as a Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader. They have a strong emphasis on guest service, product and visual presentation, an effective problem solver, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and maintain the integrity of the brand. They will lead with compassion and assist and report into the Brand Manager in building and retaining a high performing and diverse sales team, as well as the growth of the company. Through coaching the Store Manager must motivate their team to provide superior customer service and in turn maximize sales. The candidate, in partnership with the Brand Manager, must understand business drivers, how to maximize profitability, and ensure visual and operational standards are met consistently. They enjoy a creative workflow and pride themselves in pushing boundaries. And most important, they are passionate about people and want to work in a place they are truly smitten with.
- Drives business results by maximizing daily sales plans, managing expenses and improving metrics through sales floor leadership, the execution of Smitten’s training programs, and continuous coaching on and off the sales floor
- Plans, delegates and follows up on expected tasks, assignments and activities to ensure expectations and objectives are met
- Provides consistent developmental feedback that empowers and motivates our team and fosters a team environment by using effective communication skills
- Assists in acting as a liaison between the Sales Team, Brand Manager, Creative Director of Invitations and Design Team
- Attracts, recruits, and retains team members who are guest focused and demonstrate the ability to drive sales
- Leads with empathy, develops and coaches team members to reach their fullest potential and prepare them for the next level of responsibility by utilizing company tools
- Evaluates and reacts to performance issues fairly and consistently in accordance with our expected practices
- Actively establishes open, candid and trusting professional relationships with their team members
- Maintains a high degree of personal integrity and inspires a team with the same values
- Possess the ability to lead by example and deliver superior direction to the sales team and top notch customer service to all guests within the boutique
- Creates and reinforces a proactive selling culture that focuses on building a confident and competent team, in order to build a loyal guest following through clear and positive communication
- Prepares the team to balance our guest experience with necessary operational tasks
- Maintains a visually inspiring boutique that is compelling to guests by developing visual decision making skills and effective communication of our visual standards
- Utilizes, leads and delivers our visual brand standards to present our unique product mix offering
- Demonstrates a passion for retail by understanding trends
- In collaboration with the Brand Manager, manage and execute the storefront window display visuals on a quarterly basis
- Understands and enforces all company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Performs and supervises boutique opening and closing procedures including bank deposits and securing the boutique
- Protects the physical assets of the boutique by conducting monthly audits, routine cycle counts and an annual physical inventory
- Assist in shipments of Ecommerce orders
- Assist Brand Manager in purchase orders, data entry, incoming shipments with the POS. Secures revenue by verifying proper accounting of inventory and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
- Work with Brand Manager to create local, branded, on-trend seasonal palettes for all brand categories.
- Engage in weekly sell-thru meetings. Keeping up with bestselling / worst selling to better understand our customer, our business, and bring relevant information up the chain of command
- BS/BA Degree and/or 2+ years previous managerial or assistant-managerial experience a must
- Demonstrates leadership and integrity with experience in staff development.
- Is able to diffuse high-pressure situations while steering with EQ first
- Has an aesthetic eye for visual merchandising and window displays
- Excellent organization skills; able to plan and execute tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with Smitten-like customer demographic and trend reporting for the latest “it” consumer based goods is a plus
- Strong business acumen and attention to detail
- Not afraid to speak your ideas and be willing to be the only champion for an idea
- Experience with thinking outside the box, finding value in creative ways
- Proactive and creative problem solving ability with a side of strong work ethic
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Experience in cultivating and maintaining a strong customer base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities with ease and efficiency
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google (docs, calendar, etc)
- Experience using a Point of Sale system (ideally Lightspeed or Shopify)
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays (always guaranteed two-days off, but must have a flexible schedule)
- Ability to effectively maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting and climbing (you will be smitten to hear you get in some cardio on the job!)
- Must be able to work alone
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25
Perks of the working with us
- Competitive, full-time salary
- Employee discount
- Creative team environment
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Include your desired position in the title of the email.
Part-Time Sales Associate
Please email our Owner, Kirstin, your resume at [email protected] to apply to the Part-Time Sales Associate Role.
We believe in the power of a diverse workplace. Which is why we are committed to actively recruiting and hiring people of all races, religions, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veteran statuses and disability statuses.